Speedometer Wire Diagram
- For the speedometer in these years you need the wire diagram. GM was not consistent with wire color or pin location, also they sometimes used what is called a VSS Buffer if this is being used the best place to pick up Speed Signal is the Output side or Factory Speedo wire. The other way is from the ECM/PCM VSS Output Signal wire.
RF Noise Problem
- Here is the most common fix to the RF noise problem. Check to make sure you are not using solid core ignition wire or non-resister spark plugs. Using a HEI Distributor or an Ignition box will also omit high frequency noise. With these you will need a Tachometer Filter.
We are updating the Circuit Boards here at Intellitronix to make improvements. Some of the power wires may not be correct in Installation Guides. The most common one is on the dashes with one power wire it will be Key On Power Pink or Red.
- If your dash has Pink and Red, the Pink is Key on power and the Red is going to be constant Power.
- If you have just Red and No Pink, then the Red wire is Key On Power.
- You can always verify the wires by looking at the Board where the wires are. The board is marked by wire position.